At Winerist, we aim to turn every trip into an extraordinary experience. We are the specialists in providing wine and food tourism experiences for everyone from travel lovers to wine connoisseurs – our customers are truly spoilt for choice with over 1500 food and wine tours, boutique hotels and wineries to choose from, in over 133 destinations worldwide. From bespoke, private day tours to incredible week-long wine experiences of a lifetime, we connect our customers with some of the most incredible wine and food experiences on earth. And even when they are not travelling, we give endless inspiration for their next destination on our Winerist Magazine, which receives over 1.4 million page-views every single month.
Our small, dedicated team is passionate about wine, travel and food and we love sharing this with our worldwide community of customers and partners.
About the Role
We are looking for someone creative, flexible and dynamic to join the Winerist team as an intern to support the marketing and content team and strengthen Winerist’s brand position in the Digital Marketing space. The focus of the placement will be to assist with social media strategy across all channels, alongside industry and competitor research, email marketing and business analysis. You must be bright, creative and proactive, an independent thinker with your own unique style and ideas to contribute to the team. You will have a wide remit, from generating content to sourcing images and running social media accounts so must be responsible, proactive and comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment. Applicants must be fluent in English (preferably first language) and highly literate.
- Support social media strategy for the company across all channels (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Generate, research and implement ideas for engaging, high-quality original content across all our social media channels and the Winerist Magazine
- Email marketing and newsletter elaboration (Mailchimp)
- Generating high-quality content and copy for website, social media and magazine
- Blogger and press outreach
- Track conversion rates and traffic to the website – a working knowledge of Google Analytics is a bonus
- Research other relevant marketing channels for Winerist
- Assist and support the content and marketing team with day-to-day tasks as required
Requirements of the Role
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English language. This is a key requirement, as you will be assisting in content creation and content marketing activities.
- A – Level / Scottish Highers / BTEC or NVQ equivalent
- Current student or achieved BA or BSc in a relevant subject (Marketing, Communications, Media, Tourism, Business desired)
- Interest in travel, food and wine
- Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts and strategy
- Prior knowledge of PR, Marketing would be desirable
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Dynamic, creative personality and eagerness to learn
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator desirable
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Italian is a bonus
What We Can Offer
- A dynamic, exciting and friendly work environment
- Excellent opportunities for on the job learning – we are a small, professional team and you will have real responsibilities
- Opportunities to gain broader experience of various business areas and industries (PR, Marketing, Tourism, Wine)
- Training in Social Media, Email Marketing, Google Analytics and Sales
- Dates & Remuneration
- Starting immediately
- 4-9-month placement
- Full time
- A fun, friendly working environment with the team at our office at Tower Bridge – flexible working may be considered
- Expenses compensated
How to Apply
Please send us your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.