We have some exciting news! To celebrate the upcoming launch of the all new, online Winerist Magazine, we are on the lookout for the best emerging drinks writers out there who want help kick starting their writing career. Winerist Magazine aims to be a truly collaborative space, working with the top names in the drinks writing business. It’s a community for those who enjoy wine, cocktails, spirits, beer and travel as well as all the wonderful lifestyle elements that surround them.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for writers who can inject just the right amount of personality into their writing, while maintaining a professional voice. We want writers with a passion for their subject, which could cover anything from wine, spirits and cocktails to lifestyle features and travel.
Why you should enter and what you’ll win
The top three pieces will be posted on Winerist.com and voted for by our readers via a Twitter campaign, a poll and by email. The winner will be offered 3 paid commissions a month for 6 months to build their portfolio and a magnum of Castelnau Brut Réserve NV Champagne kindly donated by Castelnau.
Writing for Winerist guarantees you some great exposure both with our global audience of consumers as well as our community within the drinks trade. Over all our social media platforms, we now have over 320,000 followers and the top three pieces – an ongoing pieces – will be shared on the majority of these.
The top three pieces from the competition will also go out in a dedicated email to all our subscribers (105,000).
How to enter
- Check our most recent posts for tone of voice. We recommend this one, this one and this one.
- Pick a subject area from the following list: Drinks travel, food & drink, restaurant /bar write ups, new products, fun news story, fine wine.
- Send your piece, between 500 – 700 words, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line #WEDWA
- Please add a headshot and a short bio of a paragraph long.
- Remember, this can be spirits and beer based as well as wine!
- Your piece can include an embedded video if you like.
- Try to make it something you’d want to share with your friends on social media. (Tip: cheeky titles do well!)
Rules of entry
- Writers can be 18 – 80 but must not have had any work published in a paid-for capacity before.
- All pieces must be 100% original (we will be checking!)
- You may submit a maximum of 2 pieces per writer.
- DEADLINE for submissions is May 15th. The shortlisted top three pieces will be annouced the following week. Winners will be announced on Tuesday 22nd May.