Philosophers, thinkers, scientists, writers, poets, painters, filmmakers, designers… Throughout the history of wine, strongly linked to the history of human beings, there are numerous times we find WINE as a source of inspiration. Here is our Top 10 Most Famous Wine Quotes.
1. “Language is wine upon the lips” – Virginia Woolf.
Have you considered taking a short trip to a wine region? Can you imagine what it would be like to spend a few days being driven to wineries, meeting the winemakers and tasting wine amongst the vines?
Enquire with our Tailor-made Team
2. “Where there is no wine there is no love” – Euripides.
3. “In wine there’s truth” – Pliny the Elder.
4. “Wine is the only artwork you can drink” – Luis Fernando Olaverri.
5. “In victory you deserve Champagne. In defeat, you need it” – Napoleon Bonaparte.
6. “Wine is sunlight, held together by water” – Galileo Galilei.
7. “A bottle of wine contains more philosophy than all the books in the world” – Louis Pasteur.
8. “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence” – Ropert Fripp.
9. “God made only water, but man made wine” – Victor Hugo.
10. “He who knows how to taste does not drink wine but savours secrets” – Salvador Dalì.